Higher Education Commission HEC has started Overseas Scholarship scheme 2023. HR Development Initiative, MS leading to PhD Program of faculty Development for universities of engineering science and technology. Applications are invited for HEC Foreign Scholarships 2023 from outstanding Pakistani nationals for the award of scholarships in the various fields for Masters leading to PhD. HEC invites application from Pakistani/AJK nationals to pursue doctoral studies in the following field. HEC Foreign Scholarships 2023 are invited for these mentioned countries: Germany, Italy, Belgium, Hong Kong, Turkey, France, South Korea, China, University of New Mexico, Florida State University (USA), University of Glasgow UK.
Scholarships will be awarded to students for the Spring/Fall 2023 Session at HEC-identified top-ranked international universities in advanced nations ( University List). Application Procedure: Applicants are required to submit an online application via the HEC e-portal (eportal.hec.gov.pk).
Fields for HEC Foreign Scholarships 2023
- Arts and Humanities
- Design and Media
- Social Sciences
- Basic Sciences
- Medical and Allied Health Sciences
- Veterinary Sciences
- Computer Science
- Emerging Technologies
- Water Resources and Energy
HEC Foreign Scholarships 2023 for Ph.D. Apply Online
Top Famous Countries for HEC Foreign Scholarships 2023
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- University of New Mexico
- Florida State University (USA)
- University of Glasgow UK.
List of Universities for HEC Foreign Scholarships 2023
- University of Brescia, Italy
- Public Sector Universities of GermanyPublic Sector Universities of France
- All Public Sector Universities of Austria
- Only QS and Times top-ranked Chinese Universities
- Ghent University, Belgium
- KU Leuven, Belgium
- Hasselt University, Belgium
- HKUST University Hong Kong
- University of New South Wales, Australia
- Swinburne University of Technology
- The University of Western AustraliaRMIT University, Australia
- The University of Wollongong, Australia
- The University of Melbourne Australia
- Macquarie University, Australia
- Monash University, Australia
- Western Sydney University, Australia
- Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
- Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- The University of Waikato New Zealand
- Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
- Hanyang University, South Korea
- KOC University, Turkey
- Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey
- The Cambridge Commonwealth, European and International Trust, UK
- University Edinburgh Scotland
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- Queen Mary University of London
Coverage of HEC Foreign Scholarships 2023
The scholarship covers living expenses and return airfare, however it does not cover Tuition fee. Candidate need to secure admission with complete Tuition fee waiver from a university among the selected 235 US Universitie or from a University falling under any of the 23 University system mention on US Pakistan knowledge Corridor segment of HEC website.
HEC has negotiated Tuition fee waivers for Pakistani students with different ranked US Universities. HEC shall refer potential candidates who meet the basic eligibility criteria for a award of HEC Scholarship to partnering US Universities for consideration of admission and Tuition fee waiver. Candidates selected by the host US University after satisfying respective admission criteria shall be offered HEC scholarship under US Pakistan knowledge Corridor project.
Degree Level for HEC Foreign Scholarships 2023
- MS/MPhil (In the field of Engineering)
General Instructions for Scholarship
- All scholarship will be awarded on the merit basis as per Federal Government Quota Policy for different regionsCandidate must have a final degree in a relevant field of study.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their academic record and HEC aptitude test score.Only short listed candidates will be called for interview by the relevant country’s team for award of scholarship.
- The awardee will also have to execute a bond with HEC to serve Pakistan, preferably in an Institution of Higher Education (HEI) for a minimum of five years after completion of studies.
- Candidates are required to make sure whether the relevant field of studies is being offered in their choice of country/ university.
- Candidates are required to indicate the country/ university of their choice in order of preference in the application form.
- HEC reserves the right to re-allocate the country/ university.
Eligibility criteria for HEC Foreign Scholarships 2023
- Pakistani nationals/AJK nationals.
- Candidates must have a minimum of sixteen (18) years of education in Engineering / Social Sciences (as mentioned in other disciplines list) Discipline for MS leading to PhD and eighteen (18) years of education for PhD in Engineering / Social Sciences (as mentioned in other disciplines list) Discipline with a first division or 2.5/4 CGPA or 3.5/5 scores whichever is applicable.
- For Engineering Disciplines, the applicant must provide the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) registration certificate.
- A maximum of two second-division passes throughout the academic career prior to the final degree (refer to Clause No. 2.)
- Not less than 50% marks throughout the academic career.
- The maximum age should be 35 years for all others and 40 years for full-time regular faculty members of public sector Universities / Colleges and employees of the public sector R&D organizations.
- Candidates must have acquired the requisite academic qualifications.
- Candidates who already hold any other HEC scholarship offer are not eligible to apply.
Required Documents for Scholarship Application
1Attested photocopies of all educational documents.
2-Attested copy of domicile.
3-Attested copy of National identity card.
6-Research proposal related to indigenous issues.
7-Equivalence of foreign qualifications from IBCC or HEC
8-Original online fee deposit slip of Rs.300/- in favor of DG Finance, HEC, H-9, Islamabad on account number 0112-00500119-01, HBL Aabpara branch Islamabad as non refundable processing fee.
9-Statement of purpose(Maximum allowed length is one page only)
List of Some HEC Foreign Scholarships 2023
- Advanced Skills Development Through International Scholarships
- Law Graduates Scholarship Program for Balochistan for Study Abroad
- Overseas Scholarships for PhD in Selected Phase-III
- Faculty Development Programme (FDP) Overseas Scholarships
- Learning Opportunities Abroad
Category 1: (Attached/Faculty Development): About 2/3 of the scholarships are awarded in this category to train future faculty members of Pakistani University. Students interested in this category must choose the Pakistani universities they prefer to work at for interviews or selection in their online applications. The candidates who have been shortlisted will need to go through the process of hiring at Pakistani universities that they prefer to work at for the following procedure to be eligible for a scholarship. When they return following having completed their Ph.D. applicant has to remain in the same university for five years.
Category 2: (Unattached/Open Merit): About 1/3 of the scholarships will be granted in this category to aid the improvement of human resource development in the areas considered national priorities. Candidates must be employed in the parent organization or within any university or research and development organization in Pakistan for a period that is 5(five) successive years.
Objectives of HEC Foreign Scholarships 2023
- To create a crucial quantity of highly qualified Technologists, Scientists, and Manpower for high-tech areas.
- To increase the capabilities and increase the capacity of Universities, Research & Development Organizations, and Industries in Pakistan by introducing Ph.D. in priority areas.
- An enormous amount of intellectual activity is anticipated to be created through this plan since groups of technologists, scientists, and social scientists would publish their research papers. A good quantity of research papers is expected to be published annually. The plan will allow our system to increase output and efficiency.
- Large universities and organizations could increase their R&D by acquiring specialized personnel. Several innovative R&D Projects have economic returns that could be initiated.
- The present scheme will complement HEC efforts to ensure that there is enough Ph.D. personnel to facilitate the development of technology, as well as to improve standards for Science & Technology, Humanities, and Business training and education across Pakistan and to fulfill the demands of the Pakistani economy.
You Might Also Like
- KPK CMEEF Scholarship Program 2023 Eligibility Criteria Date...
- Dalda Foundation Scholarship 2023 Apply Online Last Date Tes...
- HEC Chines Government Scholarship Program 2023 Fully Funded ...
- HEC Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023 Apply Online
- Pakistan Petroleum Limited PPL Scholarship Scheme 2023 Eligi...
- PEEF Scholarships for Inter Graduate Students 2023 Eligibili...
- Sindh Educational Endowment Fund SEEF Scholarship 2023 Appli...
- MORA Scholarship for Minorities 2023 Application form Downlo...
- Mora Scholarship Application Form 2023 Download
- 500 STFS Scholarships 2023 By Pakistan Science Foundation Ba...