The Punjab Workers Welfare Board (PWWB) is an organization dedicated to providing various services to underprivileged youth. Recently, they introduced the Punjab Workers Welfare Board Scholarships 2024, which offers a range of free services to eligible candidates. One of the key features of this scholarship is that it grants access to quality education in renowned schools and colleges across the province for the children of workers. This scholarship, also known as the PWWF Pakistan Workers Welfare Fund, covers all educational expenses for selected candidates, regardless of whether they study in district, divisional, public, or centers of excellence institutions. Interested candidates can apply by submitting the required documents and application form online through the official WWF website. Applicants must submit their applications before the specified deadline for the Punjab Workers Welfare Board Scholarships 2024.
Punjab Workers Welfare Board Scholarship
The Punjab Workers Welfare Scholarship is a program initiated by the Punjab Workers Welfare Board (PWWB) in Pakistan to support the education of deserving children of industrial workers in Punjab. Designed to alleviate financial constraints, the scholarship covers various educational levels and expenses, including tuition fees and textbooks. Eligibility is based on being the child of a registered industrial worker in Punjab, meeting academic criteria, and demonstrating financial need. By providing financial assistance and opportunities for education, the Punjab Workers Welfare Scholarship aims to empower the children of industrial workers and contribute to their socio-economic development.
Important Dates to Remember
- Announcement Date: TBA (to be announced)
- Last Date Submission: TBA
Eligibility Criteria for Punjab Workers Welfare Board Scholarships 2024
The worker has to meet the following requirements:
- A person qualifies as an employee of the labor department if you meet the definition of a worker as specified by the Industrial Relations Act, of 2010.
- The employee should possess an authentic Social Security card.
- The worker must demonstrate a minimum work experience of 3 years. However, there isn’t a need for a minimum period of service for Category I.
- Miners or workers should be covered under EOBI and Social Security. If the worker or miner does not protect them, an undertaking must be made according to the advertisement.
- The company of the worker or miner must get registered following the Factories law or Mines Act and pay 2% to the worker’s social fund (or 5%) of the 1968 Workers Participation Act.
- Children of deceased or disabled workers can also apply for this scholarship, provided the miner or worker was disabled or deceased while in service. The EOBIor Social Security and his widow or legal heir received the death grant from the Punjab Workers Welfare Board.
- As defined under the definition of “Worker” given in IRA 2012.
- Registered with Social Security or EOBI Schemes.
- Having at least 03 (three) years of cumulative service.
- Must be in service at the time of submission of application form. However, children of deceased workers are eligible to apply for scholarships subject to the condition that the widow / legal heirs of the deceased worker have obtained a death grant from the Workers Welfare Fund.
- legitimate child of the eligible worker.
- Regularly enrolled / to be enrolled on merit for study.
- Categories and rates of scholarship
- In addition to all expenses of the students, vis-a-vis admission fees, tuition fees, transport charges, hostel / messing charges, registration fees, examination fees, library fees, lab fees, computer fees (except charity funds and refundable or non-refundable securities), a fixed scholarship according to following categories will be paid.
- Cadet College / Public Schools being run by the Federal or a Provincial Government.
- Intermediate or equivalent course from Federal / or a Provincial Board of Education or any other institution recognized by the Federal / Provincial Government.
- Technical Training institutes registered with the Provincial Board of Technical & Vocational Education / Provincial TEVTAS / NTB / NEVTEC. Rs.1,600/- (per month)
- Graduation Degree (of two / four years duration) from a Public or Private University or College / Institution affiliated with them, duly recognized by HEC. Rs.2,500/- (per month)
- Post-graduation degree from a Public or Private University / Medical College registered with HEC.
- Degree from an Engineering University / Medical College registered with HEC and by the Pakistan Engineering Council or PMDC, as the case may be. Rs.3,500/- (per month)
Other Terms and Conditions
Further terms & conditions for the award of scholarships to the children of the workers failing under Cat-II & III are as follows:
- Obtain prior clearance from the National Testing Service (NTS) or any other preliminary test as mandated by HEC regulations for admission.
- Enroll in courses approved by the HEC in Public/Private Colleges/Universities.
- Study all subjects offered in a semester within the approved minimum time frame set by the HEC.
- If unable to complete the course within the approved time frame, provide valid reasons verified by the respective Public/Private College/University, supported by documentary evidence for case review.
- Once enrolled in a course, refrain from changing the selected discipline.
- WWF will finance only one post-graduate level course under the scholarship scheme.
- The scholarship is generally applicable up to the Post-Graduation level.
- Approval from the Chairman (WWB) or Secretary (WWF) is required for scholarships beyond Post-Graduation level courses, granted on a case-by-case basis.
Online Submission of Application for Scholarship
- Talent Scholarship Program through the Online Portal can only be accepted for the semester/year beginning from April 2020 and onwards.
- Learn the Instructions and prepare your documents according to the Checklist.
- Register/Sign-up (With Student CNIC/B-Form) through the link: www.mis.pwwf.punjab.gov.pk
- After Successful Registration/Sign-up, log in with the password you received through the email you entered during registration.
- Fill in your complete and accurate details in the appropriate tabs or sections.
- Upload authenticated copies of the documents on relevant tabs according to the Checklist (upload Service Certificate and Affidavit of Stamp Paper, Cheque Leaf or Certificate of Bank particulars and Fee Payment Vouchers with original)
- Review your details/particulars & submit.
- Check your portal regularly to check the status of your applications. You will also be notified by SMS/Email.
- For more information for further information, please call below or call the District Labour Welfare office / Mines Labour Welfare office: Punjab Mines Labor Welfare Scholarship 2024 Apply Online
Expenses Covered by PWWB Scholarships 2024
All student expenses, such as transport, university or college fees, admission fees, exam costs, library fees, laboratory fees, and hostel charges, will be covered by the Punjab Workers Welfare Board.
PWWB Scholarship Rates and Categories
Furthermore, students will incur various expenses including tuition fees, admission fees, transportation charges, as well as hostel/messing costs, and registration fees. Additionally, they will need to cover exam fees, library fees, computer fees, and lab fees (excluding charitable funds and non-refundable securities that can be refunded). A fixed scholarship will be granted based on these specific categories.
|i) Cadet College/ Public Schools being run by the Federal or Provincial Government.
ii) Intermediate or equivalent course from Federal/ or a Provincial Board of Education or any other institution recognized by the Federal/ Provincial Government.
iii) Technical Training institutes registered with the Provincial Board of Technical & Vocational Education/ Provincial TEVTAS/ NTB/ NEVTEC.
|Graduation Degree (of two/four years duration) from a Public or Private University or College/ Institution affiliated with them, duly recognized by HEC.
|i) Post-Graduation Degree from a Public or Private University /Medical College registered with HEC.
ii) Degree from an Engineering University / Medical College registered with HEC and by the Pakistan Engineering Council or PMDC, as the case may be.
Required Documents for PWWB Scholarships 2024
The application form can also be downloaded from the PWWB website. The following documents are required to be attached to the application form.
- Worker/ miner’s CNIC.
- Worker/ miner’s Social Security Card/ Old Age Benefit Card.
- Worker/ miner’s Factory Card/ Employee Card mentioning his/ her designation.
- Worker/Miner’s Appointment Letter.
- The Factory Registration Certificate under the Factories Act 1934 or Mines Act 1923.
- CNIC/ Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA of the prospective student.
- In the case of a deceased/ disabled worker/ miner, proof of receiving a Death Grant/ Disability Pension needs to be submitted.
- Admission Letter
- In the case of private institutes, a copy of the recognition or affiliation certificate is required
Contact Information of PWWF
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 042-99260242-37814408
- Ehatsapp: 0303-0911116
You Might Also Like
- PEEF Scholarship 2024- Online Apply Process
- Benevolent Fund KP Merit Scholarship 2024 – Apply Online
- PEEF Scholarship for Matric 2024 Application Form Download
- Dalda Foundation Scholarship 2024 Apply Online Last Date Tes...
- KPK CMEEF Scholarship Program 2024 Eligibility Criteria Date...
- HEC Chines Government Scholarship Program 2024 Fully Funded ...
- HEC Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2024 Apply Online
- Pakistan Petroleum Limited PPL Scholarship Scheme 2024 Eligi...
- PEEF Scholarships for Inter Graduate Students 2024 Eligibili...
- Sindh Educational Endowment Fund SEEF Scholarship 2024 Appli...