Chief Minister (Punjab) Scheme for Chinese Language Scholarships Phase III batch IV announced, check required complete eligibility criteria and full selection procedure. To achieve the true objectives of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), the main minister of the Punjab, Mian Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif, sees the dire need for effective communication between the Chinese and Pakistani people. To this end, it has generously allocated funds to send 500 adequately qualified Chinese, domiciled in Punjab, to China to learn the Chinese language as well.
In light of the vision of the Chief Minister of Punjab, applications were invited in December and May 2023. After selection on purely meritorious basis through a competitive process, one hundred and ninety-three (193) Chinese Universities in China. Now, for the selection of the Chinese Language Scholarship holders in Lot IV for the remaining 500 slots, eligible talented students who meet the basic eligibility criteria can apply in the prescribed manner.
An average student studying Chinese is expected to take HSK-3 or HSK-4 and most of the universities require HSK-4 with a score of 200 or more to qualify for admission to Bachelor’s Degree Programs in Engineering, Business or Economics etc. At this level, students will be able to have basic everyday conversations. The students who would like to use Chinese professionally are expected to take HSK-5 or HSK-6.Chinese Language Scholarships Eligibility Criteria, Procedure and last date to apply being given as following.
Chinese Language Course for Interpreters
We envisage to prepare a contingent of people who can work as interpreters between Pakistani and Chinese individuals, groups or organizations desiring to engage into negotiations on wide ranging matters of bilateral interest. These people will have the ability to facilitate effective and accurate formal communication between a party that speaks Punjabi, Urdu or English and the Party that speaks Chinese.
By the virtue of their responsibility, people will need higher level of proficiency in their primary language as well as in Chinese language further supplemented with significant depth & breadth of knowledge in at least one area of high mutual interest as determined by the current concentration of trade/business between the two nations in order to fulfill the needs of these high value negotiations.
Measure for Chinese Language Proficiency
Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) is a system of standardized Chinese language tests conducted internationally to measure various levels of proficiency in Chinese. This system of exams is an initiative of Hanban, the headquarters of all Confucius Institutes, and helps determine, in an objective manner, a learner’s ability in Chinese language in terms of the ability to understand, speak, read and write. HSK measures the proficiency in Chinese Language in six levels (Level-1 being the Beginner’s or Basic and Level-6 the Advanced). In general, HSK-1 and HSK-2 are divided into listening and reading sections only and test 150-300 of the most commonly used characters and grammar structures.
The HSK-3 and HSK-4 include listening, reading and writing and test 600-1200 characters and grammar structures. The HSK-5 and HSK-6 are also divided into listening, reading and writing sections and test 2500-5000 commonly used words and grammar structures. An average student studying Chinese is expected to take HSK-3 or HSK-4 and most of the universities require HSK-4 with a score of 200 or more to qualify for admission to Bachelor’s Degree Programs in Engineering, Business or Economics etc. At this level, students will be able to have basic everyday conversations. The students who would like to use Chinese professionally are expected to take HSK-5 or HSK-6.
Eligibility Criteria for Chinese Language Scholarships
- Domicile: Any district of Punjab.
- Age: 22-24 years on the last date fixed for application submission.
- Education: Minimum of 14 years of schooling, in any subject, from an accredited institution with at least 1st division (or 3.0/4.0 CGPA) in the Bachelor degree and no 3rd division in the whole career.
- All the candidates need to be medically fit in order to qualify for the award of Scholarship.
- All the candidates are advised to verify / assure that their particulars (Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth etc.) are exactly same on all the documents (Certificates, CNIC, & Passport etc.)
- Provisionally selected awardees will have to attend and successfully complete the language studies (of 2 to 3 weeks) at a local institution.
- After final selection, the awardees will be required to secure admission for Chinese Language Studies at an approved institution in China for a period of up to two years.
Required Documents for Chinese Language Scholarship
Domicile holder of Any district of Punjab can apply
Age should be 22 to 24 years on the last date of application submission;
14 years of education in any subject with at least 1st division or 3.0/4.0 CGPA
Candidates must be medically fit to apply
Preference will be given to the applicants of southern Punjab
Having prior Chinese Language ability would be given preference
Candidates can apply online at website of University of Education, Lahore
Selection Procedure of CLS Scholarship
Picking procedure of eligible candidates for Chinese Language Scholarships could be observed here below:
- In case the applications received are more than twice the available number of awards, a written test may be conducted to shortlist the candidates. The shortlisted candidates will then be interviewed.
- Those who qualify in locally offered Chinese Language Course will be eligible for the offer of a final award.
- Candidates presently working in Government, Semi Government and Autonomous Bodies must send their applications through proper channel only. Applications submitted without NOC, issued by the competent/appointing authority, shall not be entertained.
- Preference will be given to the applicants belonging to the southern Punjab and those having prior Chinese language ability.
- Applicants are required to apply online and submit a print of the same online application form along with complete bio-data and attested relevant documents in Financial Aid Office (FAO) by 17th June, 2023 during office hours.
- Successful completion of studies will mean passing HSK-5 with the score of 210 or above.
- High achievers (A+ & A Grades) are assured of placement on their return to Pakistan.
- High achievers will also be offered continuation of Scholarships to complete 4 years Language Degree Program.
How to Apply & Last Date?
Complete Procedure Chinese Language Scholarships to apply could be easily overseen by you as below in very detailed manner as well.
- Create your login account by filling User Registration Form
- Please provide correct information while registration. Registration Information once entered will not be editable except password.
- Please provide valid email address for registration as it will be used for future correspondence with you.
- After login, provide personal information, academic detail and work experience (if any) to complete application.
- Please provide a valid mobile number as this number will be used to contact you in future.
- After completing online application please review it carefully and submit the application.
- Once application form is submitted, you will not be able to edit/change any information provided by you.
- Take a print of the online application form, attach attested copies of following documents
- Matriculation Certificate
- Intermediate Certificate
- Bachelor Transcript and Degree
- Two Passport size photographs
- Chinese Language Diploma/Certificate (if any)
- NOC/Departmental Permission in case of government employee.
- As with respect to Submission of application for Chinese Language Scholarships with above documents to Financial Aid Office (FAO), University of Education, College Road, Township, Lahore, Pakistan during office hours or apply online at www.ue.edu.pk/cls accordingly
- Email: [email protected]
- Contact Number: 042-99262221
- Address: Financial Aid Office, University of Education, College Road Township, Lahore, Pakistan.
You Might Also Like
- KPK CMEEF Scholarship Program 2023 Eligibility Criteria Date...
- Dalda Foundation Scholarship 2023 Apply Online Last Date Tes...
- HEC Chines Government Scholarship Program 2023 Fully Funded ...
- HEC Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2023 Apply Online
- Pakistan Petroleum Limited PPL Scholarship Scheme 2023 Eligi...
- PEEF Scholarships for Inter Graduate Students 2023 Eligibili...
- Sindh Educational Endowment Fund SEEF Scholarship 2023 Appli...
- MORA Scholarship for Minorities 2023 Application form Downlo...
- Mora Scholarship Application Form 2023 Download
- 500 STFS Scholarships 2023 By Pakistan Science Foundation Ba...