BS Mass Communication is an important subject with a lot of potential. Many universities offer BS and MS programs in this field. BS Mass Communication in Pakistan provides students with the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in the media industry. This program covers a wide range of topics, including journalism, broadcasting, public relations, and advertising. These courses are a great way to prepare for a career in the media industry.
It is considered to be one of the most powerful forces in society. It can shape public opinion and influence social change. BS Mass Communication in Pakistan is a four-year program that is offered by both public and private universities. The eligibility requirements vary from university to university, but most programs require students to have a minimum of 50% marks in their intermediate exams.
The scope of BS Mass Communication is very wide. Graduates of this program can find jobs in a variety of fields, including journalism, broadcasting, public relations, advertising, marketing, and social media.
What is BS Mass Communication?
The BS Mass Communication program is designed to help students prepare for careers in media, communication, film & TV production, and journalism. It provides both practical hands-on experience and knowledge about how media has evolved over time, including topics like media ownership, control, and the impact of new technologies on society. The program combines theoretical learning with practical skills to help students succeed in the industry.
The goal is to create an exciting and inclusive learning environment where students can explore their creativity and learn about different cultures and social issues. After getting degree of mass communication, the students get prepared for jobs in print and telecommunications media, where they can contribute meaningfully.
BS Mass Communication Scope in Pakistan
Upon engaging in an extensive and dynamic program in Pakistan, students are equipped to embark on diverse professional roles within the digital media industry. Moreover, the realm of mass communication offers possibilities beyond conventional employment. Students have the opportunity to establish their own media channels, blogs, or online publications.
Upon successful completion of the BS Mass Communication program, students will gain the following capabilities:
- Acquire knowledge about the most recent developments in mass media, including how advanced technology has revolutionized communication.
- Employ critical analysis to evaluate the content presented in print and electronic media.
- Foster a practical understanding of the field through engaging in internships.
- Cultivate the skills necessary to pursue a career as a media professional.
BS Mass Communication Eligibility Criteria
- FA / FSc / ICom / DCom
- Intermediate or equivalent qualification with 45% marks.
- The candidates must be Pakistani or form AJK.
- They must have 1st position in their previous academic record.
- To be eligible for the award BS (Mass Communication) degree, the students are required to complete prescribed number of credit hours with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.0 out of 4.0.
- The candidates having A level education must provide equivalence certificate from IBCC.
BS Mass Communication Subjects in Pakistan
- Media ethics & laws
- Theories of communication- I
- Theories of communication-II
- Developing communication
- Media management & marketing
- Feature, column & Editorial writing
- Sub editing & page designing
Syllabus for BS Mass Communication
In every university or college in Pakistan, they teach the same curriculum for the BS Mass Communication program. The curriculum consists of various courses, and each semester has a different set of courses. You can find the syllabus for the BS Mass Communication program on the official website of the Higher Education Commission (HEC). Pakistani students can easily download the syllabus from there. The syllabus provides a detailed outline of the courses, their contents, recommended books, research requirements, and topics for each semester.
BS Mass Communication in Pakistan After Career Subjects Scope Jobs Starting Salary
Mass Communication Universities in Pakistan
- University of Karachi
- International Islamic University
- National University of Sciences & Technology (NUST)
- University of Peshawar
- Riphah International University
- Allama Iqbal Open University
- Lahore Garrison University.
- University of Sindh
- Beaconhouse National University
Career Pathways After BS Mass Communication
- Advertising: Designs and places advertisements to promote products or services.
- Film Production: Makes movies, TV shows, and other video content.
- Broadcasting: Shares audio and video content with the public.
- Journalism: Collects and presents news and information.
- Radio or Television Work: Operates and creates content for radio or television stations.
- Publishing: Produces and distributes books, magazines, newspapers, and other printed materials.
- Marketing: Develops and implements marketing plans to promote products or services.
- Public Relations: Establishes and maintains positive relationships with the public.
- Theatre Arts: Creates and performs plays, musicals, and other theatrical productions.
- Teaching: Educates students on various subjects.
Jobs Opportunities for BS Mass Communication in Pakistan
After completing a Mass Communication degree in Pakistan, there are numerous opportunities and possibilities to explore. The field offers a wide range of professional digital media positions for graduates to kick start their careers. Moreover, the scope of mass communication extends beyond traditional job roles. Students have the freedom to create their own media channels, blogs, or online publications on internet platforms. Websites, social media platforms, and video-streaming sites are great avenues to reach and engage with the public.
Here are some potential career paths for Mass Communication graduates to consider:
|Job||Description||Starting Salary Package (Rs)|
|Copywriter||Writes and edits marketing and advertising copy||30,000 – 50,000|
|Film Producer||Oversees the creation of films, TV shows, and other video content||50,000 – 100,000|
|Photographer||Takes photographs for a variety of purposes, such as advertising, journalism, and art||30,000 – 50,000|
|Radio Jockey||Hosts radio shows and plays music||25,000 – 40,000|
|Media Planner||Develops and executes marketing plans for media campaigns||40,000 – 60,000|
|Graphic Designer||Creates and designs visual elements for a variety of purposes, such as websites, print materials, and marketing campaigns||30,000 – 50,000|
|Public Relations Account Executive||Develops and executes public relations campaigns to build and maintain positive relationships with the public||35,000 – 55,000|
|Filmmaker||Creates and directs films, TV shows, and other video content||50,000 – 100,000|
|Information Specialist||Collects, organizes, and analyzes information for a variety of purposes, such as research, marketing, and customer service||30,000 – 50,000|
|Director of Communications||Oversees the communications function for an organization||60,000 – 100,000|
|Digital Marketer||Creates and executes digital marketing campaigns to promote products or services||40,000 – 60,000|
|Screenwriter||Writes screenplays for films, TV shows, and other video content||50,000 – 100,000|
|Reporter||Gathers and reports news and information||35,000 – 55,000|
|Sound Engineer||Records, mixes, and masters audio for a variety of purposes, such as music, film, and television||40,000 – 60,000|
|TV Correspondent||Reports news and information for television||40,000 – 60,000|
|Art Director||Creates and oversees the visual design of a variety of products and services||50,000 – 100,000|
Duration of BS Mass Communication
It is a four-year study program spread over eight semesters. Each semester has at least 18 weeks duration for teaching and examinations etc.
Common Questions About BS Mass Communication in Pakistan
What is the scope of BS Mass Communication in Pakistan?
After completing a dynamic and enriching course in Pakistan, students have the opportunity to pursue various professional positions in the digital media field. The field of mass communication goes beyond conventional job opportunities, allowing students to establish their own media channels, blogs, or online publications.
Who is eligible for BS Mass Communication in Pakistan?
To be eligible for admission to the BS Mass Communication program, students must have completed intermediate education (equivalent to 12 years) with a minimum of 45% marks. Those with lower marks can still be admitted after successfully completing a “Zero Semester.”
What is BS in Mass Communication?
The BS in Mass Communication and Media Studies program focuses on developing critical thinking, writing skills, content creation, understanding the media’s impact on the public, media studies, and related journalistic and strategic communication practices.
Which subject is best for Mass Communication?
For admission, students are required to have passed subjects such as English Language, Literature in English, an approved science subject, and Mathematics. Direct Entry is possible for applicants who hold a Higher School Certificate/General Certificate of Education (G.C.E.) A’ levels with a pass in two Arts subjects.
How long is BS Mass Communication?
The Bachelor of Mass Communication is a four-year degree program.
What is the syllabus for BS Mass Communication?
The syllabus for the BS Mass Communication program is comprehensive and has been prepared by the Higher Education Commission. It covers various topics and courses that are taught to BS Mass Communication students.
Which subjects are taught compulsorily in BS Mass Communication?
Compulsory subjects for BS Mass Communication students include online journalism, theories of communication, advertising, and an introduction to mass communication.
Do we perform research work in BS Mass Communication?
Research work is also a part of the BS Mass Communication program, typically conducted in the final semesters. Some universities even have dedicated research departments for BS Mass Communication.
Is BS Mass Communication an easy degree?
BS Mass Communication is considered an easy and engaging degree. It has a high passing rate and is taught in many countries, including Pakistan.
What do mass communication students do?
A Mass Communication degree offers a wide range of career opportunities, such as advertising, broadcasting, public relations, journalism, and publishing. It is an interdisciplinary course that explores how media functions and its impact on society.
You Might Also Like
- Best Computer Courses List in Pakistan
- What Should We Do After Matric Exam Guidelines For Students
- DPT in Pakistan After Career Jobs Scope Starting Salary Best...
- LLB in Pakistan After Career Jobs Scope Starting Salary Best...
- MBA in Pakistan After Career Scope Subjects Requirements Job...
- Top Medical Fields Options 2023 for Pakistani Students
- FSc Pre-Medical in Pakistan Subjects Jobs Career After FSc P...
- BSc in Pakistan After Career Jobs Scope Starting Salary Subj...
- B.Com in Pakistan Scope Jobs Opportunities and Starting Sala...
- Scope of FSc Pre-Engineering in Pakistan Eligibility Subject...