SKMC hospital and research center are one of the most popular and best Hospitals in Pakistan, abbreviated as SKMCH & R.C. This hospital is specialized as a Cancer Hospital having many different locations like Lahore and Peshawar in Pakistan. It is the first charitable organization founded by IMRAN KHAN in 1985.
It is Pakistan’s care center for cancer patients. This hospital is specially for Poor cancer patients who have no source of cure for cancer, so this center is set for that kind of people. Shaukat Khanum cancer memorial hospital got local recognition, including the Joint Commission international’s Gold Seal of Approval, and it also received a price from World Health Organization. It has become a vast project aiming to bring cancer care closer to patients.
SKCMH&RC B.S Oncology Nursing degree program admission 2023-24:
SKCM Hospital and Research center Oncology is a two-year part-time modular program. The Pakistan Nursing council accredits the diploma in Oncology/Cancer nursing. Punjab’s postgraduate college of nursing (Lahore) is affiliated with this two-year diploma.
There are 14 Core Modules which includes:
- Nursing for Cancer care
- Nursing Management for the Cancer Patient with Pain
- Cancer nursing leadership
- Foundations in Cancer care
- Nursing care for the Acute/critically III Cancer Patient
- Communication in Cancer Nursing
- Nursing care for women with cancer
- Patients receiving Chemotherapy Nursing care
- Nursing care of patients Undergoing Radiotherapy
- Palliative Care and maintenance of the Dying Person and Family
- Nursing care for Patients, Children, and Adolescents with cancer
- Haemato-Oncology Nursing care
- Nursing care for Patients with Head and Neck Cancer
- Teaching and learning in Cancer care
SKMC Hospital and Research Center Lahore Admissions 2023
Eligibility Criteria for admission to BS Oncology Nursing Degree program 2023-24:
- Candidates must have passed intermediate with 2nd division (at least 55% marks or above) from an accredited Nursing Educational Institute recognized by Pakistan Nursing Council for Diploma in General Nursing.
- Females who want to do a diploma in Midwifery have a minimum 2nd division intermediate with at least 55% marks or above from an institute approved by Pakistan Nursing Council.
- One year post-Basic Nursing Diploma in oncology/Critical Care/ Pads/ Community nursing from an accredited Nursing Educational institution (recognized by Pakistan Nursing Council) is essential for Male applicants.
- They preferred the candidates having Post basic Nursing Diploma in Oncology and Critical care nursing.
- Applicants with a GPA of 2.5 and above from an institution (approved by the Pakistan Nursing council) can apply for a baccalaureate degree in Generic Nursing ( BSCN Generic)
- In a well-reputed health care organization, the candidate must have experience of a minimum of 2 years as a registered nurse (prefer experience in the Oncology/ Critical care unit)
- Current valid registration with Pakistan Nursing Council, which is also call as PNC.
- Candidates must apply within the due date; otherwise, a late or incomplete application will not be acceptable.
- External candidates are required to pass a complete physical examination conducted by the employee Health department of Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and research center.
- After this test, they have to submit the medical fitness certificate to get admission to the Post RN-BS in Oncology nursing.
International students can also apply for the whole course or required modules. There is no official restriction for students from another country.
Admission dates of SKCM Hospital and Research Center 2023:
Opening date for Admissions: 16-05-2022
Closing date for Admissions: 13-06-2022
Entry test date: 28-06-2022
Course commissioning date: 05-09-2022
Fee structure of SKMCH & R.C.:
Fourteen modules for the diploma in Oncology/Nursing cancer care are already mention above. SKMC Hospital and Research Center has Rs.5000/- is the total amount of each Module. Students must pay half of the total amount, which is Rs.3500/- at the start of the 1st year. The remaining amount is payable at the beginning of the 2nd year.
Contact no. and address of SKMCH & RC:
Tel no: +92 42-35905000
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: 7-A, Block R – 3, M.A., Johar Town, Lahore – Pakistan
Only the applicants who pass the entry test will call for an interview. Successful candidates must bring along all the required educational documents, CNIC, and PNC registration cards for the interview/test.
You Might Also Like
- AIOU Admission Schedule 2023 Application Form Last Date
- BS Nursing Admission 2023 in Pakistan Online Apply
- NDU Islamabad Admission 2023 Apply Online Last Date Fee Stru...
- UVAS Lahore Undergraduate Admission 2023 Online Registration...
- Al-Meezan Institute Of Legal Studies Admission Islamabad 202...
- RIMT Admission 2023 for Diploma Courses Application Form Las...
- Institute Of Legal Studies Lahore Admission 2023 Last Date A...
- Sundar Stem Entry Test Registration 2023 2024 Online Last Da...
- HEC LAT LLB Admission Test 2023 Registration Apply Online
- Sarhad University Peshawar Admission 2023 Apply Online Fee S...